NewsCase StudiesEvents

Gavin Watt : United Kingdom

United Kingdom

Experts for United Kingdom

Recent forum posts


  1. Starting a Restaurant In South Korea

    Hi:I'm interested in starting a small business in Seoul, South Korea that would sell one signature food item ~ one that the South Koreans will go crazy for. I'm interested in getting information regarding start up costs, how to obtain a business license, as I am an American citizen, how to rent a small restaurant space and whether or not it would be more beneficial to go in with a Korean busi

    Total Posts: 3 Last post by dianaeddie

  2. Starting a new Trading Business in Africa

    Dear Sir / Ma'amI am looking to start a new trading business .Like most start ups my I have low caputal, however I am looking for opportunities with African countries that are high growth and start business relation and trading set up fo with these countries. Could you advise the way I can go about doing this and which countries and persons I could target / approach. Thanks!

    Total Posts: 2 Last post by innompila

Ask a question

Ask the Experts: Gavin Watt

UK Accounting Expert

Your contact details will also be forwarded on to Gavin Watt. If you do not want your contact information to be sent with your question, then please tick this box

Gavin Watt

I qualified as an Accountant in the late 80ís having worked in an accounting practice in Edinburgh (FFA, FAIA, FFTA).

In 1992 I left and moved into a career in IT, supplying Accountancy practices with solutions for Accounts Production, Tax and Practice Management systems.

In 2003 I decided to move back into the Accounting profession and formed First Base Accountants.

We provide Accounting, Tax, VAT, Payroll services on a fixed fee basis. Also provide consultancy services such as business planning, tax strategy planning, IT advice.

Currently we are providing accountancy services to over 300 business clients. In 2014 we joined the adminex Group, dealing with all the accounting requirements of UK subsidiaries of international businesses and providing UK businesses with a reliable network of associates across the globe who can assist with overseas set up and ongoing business compliance and advice.

+ 44 1786 470044

  1. Hello. We are looking to expand to the UK and would like to offer the employees that we hire there employee benefits (insurance, private medical insurance etc...). Do we need a take on an independent financial adviser? I've tried to approach a few of them but they can't give advice to a non UK company. What do other startups do? Thank you in advance Question from Leetal Gruper on 23/08/2017

    Gavin says:

    My advice would be for the employee to arrange the appropriate cover and then you pay on their behalf.

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.