NewsCase StudiesEvents

Jerry Meek : USA


Experts for USA

Recent forum posts


  1. Indian citizen willing to set up a food business in NZ..

    Hi thereI am an Indian citizen who wishes to set up food business in NZ (Auckland or Wellington) Can someone advise how do we go about??Quick Questions:- Is it possible for Indian citizens to set up business in NZ?- If yes, how do we go about?Suggestions/Advise if highly appreciatedCheersG

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by ongautam

  2. Starting a Business in Greece

    Hi, I would like a hint on what do I need in order to start up a business in Greece! I am US citizen, I have a MA in Psychology. What would I need in order to open a practice or open a kindergarten for people who want their kids to learn English?

    Total Posts: 4 Last post by Angeliki

Ask a question

Ask the Experts: Jerry Meek

US Market Entry Expert

Your contact details will also be forwarded on to Jerry Meek. If you do not want your contact information to be sent with your question, then please tick this box

Jerry Meek

US Market Entry Expert

Bouwen’s President, Jerry Meek, is a US business and tax lawyer with more than 19 years of legal experience. He is a graduate of Duke University (B.A., Economics), the University of Notre Dame (M.A., Government), Duke Law School (J.D., Law Degree), and Georgetown School of Law (LLM, Tax Law). He is licensed to practice law in New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.

Jerry is a Certified Global Business Professional® who has advised and assisted clients from around the world. He has extensive experience advising foreign companies on cross-border issues and on the business, legal, and tax aspects of doing business in the United States.

001 (212) 256-1105

  1. Good Morning, I have been developing a range of cannabis products that I am looking to produce in the US. I am currently speaking to a number of factories about this. I understand that setting up an LLC is quite straightforward - however I will need some help with this as a UK citizen with no US mailing address currently. I have seen various services offering this. My main concern is my visa status. If I need to come over to the US would I do so on a tourist visa with 90 days to exit? This wouldn't bbe a problem I am just wondering whether any other options open if you are trying to set up a business there. Thanks. Josh Donn Question from Josh Donn on 12/07/2017

    Jerry says:


    Thank you for your question. As you probably can imagine, given that the federal government in the US has not recognized the legality of cannabis, there are many obstacles (not the least of which is the difficulty of accessing the US banking system). Feel free to send me an email at with your phone number and I will give you a call to discuss. I am in the UK this week, so we can schedule a call without the constraints of a 5 hour time difference.


  2. Hi Jerry, I am a UK citizen and resident. I am looking to operate a franchise in the US market. I am unsure of how to set this up in respect of my UK company, and I also need to secure capital funding for assests and start up cost that will be used in the US. Do you have any insight to help find a path through the lending, tax and legal requirements? Best reards. Phil Dovey Question from Phil Dovey on 26/06/2017

    Jerry says:

    Phil, thanks for your email. I'd be more than happy to discuss your plans. Feel free to email me directly at so that we can set up a time to speak by phone.

    Best Wishes,


  3. Hi Jerry, i am looking to start selling an online digital product to the US market. I currently reside in the UK but have lived previously in the US, i hold a US bank account and SSN and i am married to a US citizen. I am looking for advice on whether i need to start and register my company/website in the US for legal and taxation purposes or whether i can form in the UK and access the US market effectively. I will most likely be moving back to the US in the next 3-5 years but currently do not hold a US visa. Many thanks for any advice you may have. Regards, Dr. Neil J. Wyatt Question from Neil Wyatt on 18/04/2017

    Jerry says:

    Dr. Wyatt, thanks for your email. If possible, let's set up a phone call in the next few days to discuss your specific situation. Feel free to email me directly at

    Best Wishes,


  4. Hi Jerry, I'm looking to expand a recruitment agency's services that are based in the UK operating from a UK Limited Company into the USA and have many contact with clients and candidates already set up. I am interested to know if the laws and practise will be the same as here in the UK, simply put, a client signing our terms so that any candidate we send to them, if offered employment, is subject to our fee. I would like to know if there are any further documents or procedures that would be needed to secure the same process in the USA or if a USA subsidiary or company is required for operation in the states. I am also interested to know if there are any additional tax implications when starting operations in the USA in addition to the UK Corporation tax. Thanks in advance for your answer to our enquiry and any further comments you may have. Kind Regards, Marcus Ackford. Question from Marcus Ackford on 12/12/2016

    Jerry says:

    Marcus, thanks for your question. It may be easier to discuss your goals by phone. Feel free to send me an email at and we can set up a call.


You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.